- Former senatory Harry Reid talks UFOs in sit-down interview.
- The largest single collection of UFO material – Stan Friedman’s archive – is being catalogued.
- Spray on CRISPR – gene editing is now as easy as putting on cologne (with crops at least).
- What would a truly modern human look like?
- Related: Man of the year million.
- Sea level rise this century could flood coastal areas that are now home to 340 million to 480 million people, a new report says.
- Has ‘humanity’s homeland” really been found? Many researchers call the new finding far-fetched.
- Britain’s first city discovered as archaeologists say it was home of people who built Stonehenge.
- Also: Hoard of golden treasure stumbled upon by metal detectorist revealed to be most important Anglo-Saxon find in history.
- Archaeologists have found a 4000-year-old book in an ancient Egyptian burial site. Don’t. Read. The. Incantations. Aloud!
- Yet more evidence that Neanderthals wore eagle talons as jewellery.
- Video of the Day: Using lasers to uncover a huge Maya civilisation hidden beneath the trees. Read more about it in this article.
Quote of the Day:
It is man’s intelligence that makes him so often behave more stupidly than the beasts. Man is impelled to invent theories to account for what happens in the world. Unfortunately, he is not quite intelligent enough, in most cases, to find correct explanations.