Happy 50th birthday internet!
- Something crashed into Earth and helped wipe out mammoths and other animals 13,000 years ago, study says.
- How rabies inspired folktales of werewolves and vampires.
- The science behind Hollywood’s movie monsters
- Hysteria High: how demons destroyed a Florida school.
- Witches are having their hour.
- QAnon and UFO conspiracy theories are merging.
- An update on that ‘gel’ found by China on the Moon: it’s actually probably glass.
- Can we use powerful lights to propel spacecraft at the speed of light?
- The universe is made of tiny bubbles containing mini-universes, scientists say.
- Mathematicians solve the ’Twin Prime Conjecture’ – in an alternate universe.
- Deep time, and the precarious future of humanity.
- Can trauma be handed down through generations?
- The US military will no longer use floppy disks to coordinate nuke launches. RAM cartridges instead?
- Debate over the ‘only historical documented UFO sighting in the United States’ is going to court.
- Missing pet tortoise discovered five miles away, at the house she lived in 10 years ago.
- Halloween week story from the archives: The Slender Man – the origin and evolution of a modern monster myth.
Quote of the Day:
The propagandist’s purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human.