- The weirdest idea in quantum physics is catching on: there may be endless worlds with countless versions of you.
- Related: Parallel worlds, parallel lives.
- You probably had the wrong idea about Tom DeLonge’s ‘To the Stars Academy’.
- Edward Snowden searched for evidence that the government is hiding aliens.
- Venus is covered in gigantic crystal volcanoes.
- US Air Force’s X-37B space plane lands after record 780-day mystery mission.
- Why the search for dark matter relies on ancient shipwrecks.
- How dust could have brought about the collapse of a once might empire.
- In 2030, our protein will come from a lab – and we’ll all be better off for it.
- The necessity of musical hallucinations.
- Houses of horror: a ragged curtain, a creaking attic, a dark cellar – what explains the architecture of creepiness, and its enduring appeal?
- Halloween week story from the archives: The Uninvited – the terrifying physical mediumship of Iceland’s Indridi Indridason.
Quote of the Day:
The task of our generation…is one of metaphysical reconstruction.
E F Schumacher (‘Small is Beautiful’)