- The weird world of cryptozoology.
- Sir David Attenborough insists Loch Ness monster is all a hoax.
- Megafauna more mega than we thought.
- Turkey prepares to flood 12,000-year-old city to build dam.
- Hawass: I will announce how Tutankhamun died in 2020.
- Government research agency DARPA seeks psychedelic drugs that don’t cause hallucinations. Apparently they haven’t heard of this thing called ‘reality’.
- Mind reading devices are coming, but scientists fear telepathy.
- The ultimate mystery: consciousness may exist in the absence of matter.
- Simulation shows how ‘limited’ nuclear war could cause 90 million casualties in a few hours.
- Related: the Pentagon revealed its nuclear war strategy and it is terrifying.
- Ex-Google worker fears ‘killer robots’ could cause mass atrocities.
- New hypothesis possibly links ‘tic-tac UFOs’ to marine life.
- Data is king: Are we actually learning anything about UFOs from the intelligence community? Have we ever?
- New interstellar comet is ‘very red’.
- Related: Could we send a probe to it?
Thanks to Matthew.
Quote of the Day:
I was born into a world of just under two billion people today there are nearly seven billion of us. Whenever I hear those numbers I can honestly say I find it incredible, triple the number of human beings in what seems like the blink of an eye and the world transformed utterly.