- Is our solar system being visited by another interstellar object?
- Also: the first images have started coming in of that new interstellar visitor.
- Related: Seeing the spaceship – why we need to pay attention to anomalies.
- Should the search for extraterrestrial intelligence be a search for alien consciousness instead?
- Physicist Sean Carroll thinks thinks we all exist on multiple worlds.
- For centuries rumours have persisted about a powerful and mysterious substance. Why has the story of ‘red mercury‘ endured?
- ‘Lovers of Modena’ skeletons found holding hands turn out to both be men. And suddenly they’re possibly the “siblings, cousins or soldiers who died together in battle” of Modena. *eyeroll*
- A mad scientist, his corpse bride, and a bizarre historical oddity.
- Horrifying study: corpses thrash around for a year after death.
- Drug cocktail appears to reverse ‘genetic age’.
- Antibiotic resistance surges in dolphins, mirroring humans.
- Wasps: If you can’t love them, at least admire them.
- Related: Jewel wasps perform targeted neurosurgery on cockroaches to zombify them so that their babies can eat them alive.
- Neuroscientists find our experience of beauty is linked to an unexpected brain region.
- Consciousness is the greatest mystery in science. Don’t believe the hype: the Hard Problem is here to stay.
Quote of the Day:
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature he’s destroying is this God he’s worshipping.