Annual warning to time travelers. For the rest of us, stuck in time…here’s today’s news:
- How time stopped circling and percolating and started running on tracks.
- Loch Ness doesn’t contain any ‘monster’ DNA, say scientists.
- Alien civilisations have visited Earth already. We just haven’t seen them yet.
- Giant radio telescope in China just detected repeating signals from across space.
- Related: new research suggests mysterious fast radio bursts could be a sign of alien civilisations.
- Even physicists don’t understand quantum mechanics. Worse, they don’t seem to want to understand it.
- Where quantum probability comes from.
- Lakes on Saturn’s moon Titan may be craters of giant explosions.
- Rocks at asteroid impact site record first day of dinosaur extinction.
- All comets in the solar system may come from the same place.
- UFOs and extraterrestrials being blamed for Indian lunar landing failure.
- Santa Fe County hunters describe high-strangeness close encounter.
- Scottish authorities are trying to reunite a ‘witch’ with her skull.
- A hole in the head: the history of trepanation, the oldest surgical procedure known to humanity.
Thanks to @MichaelMHughes.
Quote of the Day:
Common sense is not so common.