- India is counting down to a risky Moon landing later this week which would make it only the fourth nation to land on the lunar surface.
- These might be the spacesuits astronauts will wear on Mars.
- Goodbye flying saucers? Most UFOs seen in recent years are triangular.
- Crazy for cryptids: The International Cryptozoology Museum blurs the line between fact and fiction.
- We need to find out if we are living in a simulation.
- Scientists grow mini-brains with recognisable brainwaves.
- Did a giant plume of molten rock burst through the Earth under Africa in ancient times?
- Scientists discovered how to regrow teeth. Tooth fairy about to file for bankruptcy.
- Someone stole the bones of an 18th-century ‘witch’. Scottish authorities want them back.
- Harry Potter books banned from Catholic school for fear that students will conjure “evil spirits”.
- The way words mean: Words stand for things in the world, and they stand apart from it – is meaning more sunken into words than we realise?
- Related: Words are magic – how the language you speak (and hear) changes your reality.
- The science of miracles.
- Video(s) of the Day: The Tibetan Book of the Dead, narrated by Leonard Cohen.
Quote of the Day:
“Descending“, by Tool