- In search of Circe: How scientists found the grotto of the nymph from the Odyssey.
- The mystery of ‘Skeleton Lake‘ gets deeper: why are hundreds of ancient skeletons scattered around a site high in the Himalayas?
- Your body is scanned, destroyed, then reproduced. Do ‘you’ live on in the copy?
- Kryptos – the coded sculpture no one has been able to decipher for 30 years.
- When researchers listen to people who hear voices – specifically, mediums.
- Dances of vice, horror and ecstasy: Suspiria and dance as a magical act.
- Aum-sta la vista baby – ’Terminator’ android preaches Buddhist wisdom at ancient Japanese temple.
- Does the eerie silence from the sky above tell us something ominous about the future course of our own civilisation?
- Related: researcher says biotechnology advances could end human civilization within decades.
- Toxic bus 98 and other phantom terror attacks.
- Why don’t humans engage in cannibalism? A few more years of social media, we’re bound to get there…
- The racism of Carl Jung.
- Truly bizarre accounts of hairy humanoids in the sewer.
- New study outlines the nuclear winter we’d have if US and Russia blew up their bombs.
- Iceland holds funeral for their first melted glacier.
Quote of the Day:
If you believe that the universe is a universe of ‘information’, then you should expect coincidences… It’s like putting a keyword into Google or Yahoo!; you put it in and get a lot of relevant information back. That doesn’t seem strange to me because that is the way that information has been organized. Maybe the universe is the same way. If it is this way, then coincidences are nothing strange. It is just an indication that this is the way that the universe functions.