- The Denisovans: New finds are illuminating the mysterious ancient humans.
- Did stone age humans paint for fun?
- Why did witch hunts go viral?
- Cosmic secrets and the bizarre tale of the book of Urantia.
- Astronomers have found eight new fast radio bursts (FRBs) that repeatedly flash on and off.
- Related: New research suggests mysterious fast radio bursts could be a sign of alien civilizations.
- ‘UFOs’ are flying out from supermassive black holes and reshaping galaxies.
- The Big Bang is hard science – but it’s also a creation story.
- Sorry Elon: terraforming Mars would take 3,500 nukes per day. Mind you, the US and Russia could still put on four full days of a spectacular terraforming show…
- Happy birthday Starman! Elon Musk’s Tesla Roadster completes first orbit around the Sun.
- How to not to get eaten after sex (if you’re a black widow)
- Mission to Jupiter’s icy moon Europa confirmed.
Quote of the Day:
All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landings there.
‘2010: Odyssey Two’, by Arthur C. Clarke