What’s your ideal setlist for ‘Alienstock’?
- With Jeffrey Epstein’s death, conspiracy theories have officially gone mainstream.
- FBI bulletin concedes that conspiracy theories might be fueled in part by actual conspiracies.
- Et in Avebury ego: on Neo-Nazis and ancient historical sites.
- A categorical mistake: ‘Science’, ‘Magic’ and ‘Religion’ in the Middle Ages.
- The varieties of psychonautic experience – a review of Erik Davis’s new book High Weirdness.
- Nobel-prize winning chemist Kary Mullis, who credited LSD with helping his discovery, has sadly passed away at age 74.
- Related: Kary Mullis – DNA, LSD and alien abductions.
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink: both an evolution, and a plan for radical change.
- New law requires “Not for humans” label on DIY CRISPR kits.
- A promising resource for cancer breakthroughs is dying out.
- Astronomers catch a pulsar ‘glitching’, offering insights into the strange stars.
- Our galaxy’s supermassive black hole has emitted a mysteriously bright flare.
- Tomorrow’s bionic eyes will have ‘Predator’ vision.
- In Ethiopia, ancient humans lived on thin-air and naked mole-rats. The next fad diet?
- Would you like to play a game? A supercomputer is being built to manage the US’s nukes.
- Russia is sending its gun-shooting robot to the International Space Station next year. Because science fiction story plots need to start somewhere…
- Bizarre dancing fireball UFO filmed over England for second time.
- A Tesla owner implanted the RFID chip from her Model 3’s keycard into her arm.
Quote of the Day:
There is a perpetual tug between conspiracy theorists and actual conspiracies, between things that are genuinely not believable and truths that are so outlandish they can be hard, at first, to believe.