- Five couples agree to CRISPR their babies to avoid deafness.
- Aliens on Earth: the amazing brains and morphing skin of octopuses and other cephalopods.
- U.S. Navy’s UFO/UAP guidelines to remain classified.
- Just how many extinct types of human did our ancestors meet?
- Fantastically preserved Viking boat grave and skeletons unearthed in Sweden.
- Ancient humans elongated their skulls to show wealth and social status.
- At least 10 unexploded bombs dropped by the allies during the second world war are hidden within the foundations of the archaeological site of Pompeii.
- Crew of wrecked Russian nuclear sub prevented ‘planetary catastrophe’, officer says.
- The story of The Ghost Club, the world’s oldest paranormal organization.
- Brazilian university to study accounts of past lives.
- Skeptics: “why parapsychological claims cannot be true“.
- Physicists find a new way to make hybrid ‘particles’ that are part-matter, part-light.
Thanks to @DavidBMetcalfe.
Quote of the Day:
Parapsychology’s claims cannot be true. The entire field is bankrupt — and has been from the beginning. Each and every claim made by psi researchers violates fundamental principles of science and, hence, can have no ontological status. We did not examine the data for psi, to the consternation of the parapsychologist who was one of the reviewers. Our reason was simple: the data are irrelevant.
‘Skeptics’ Arhtur Reber and James Alcock