We have a winner for the bottle cap challenge!!
- Risks of controversial geoengineering approach to fight global warming may be “overstated” (Read: THE WORLD IS ON FIRE WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING).
- If everyone tripped on mushrooms, we’d all do more to take better care of Gaia.
- A group of biologists tries to bury the idea that plants are conscious. Somehow I feel the plants will have the last laugh…
- NDEs may stem from the brain blending waking and dreaming states, according to new study.
- The Pentagon has a laser that can identify a person at a distance —by the sound of their heart beat.
- Deep Prasad kindly requests the Breakaway Civilization to share with us monkeys their Tic-Tac wündertech so we can all quit our jobs.
- Some tech execs want to reverse engineer a UFO for the betterment of their bank account –and mankind in general, of course…
- Here are some details about TTSA’s new mobile app.
- Is Tom DeLonge a freemason?
- The largest-ever survey of public sentiment about aliens begins this week.
- The devils in the details: Representations of evil in the satanic panic movement of the 70’s.
- Here’s how scientists got that amazing new giant squid video. Kudos, eggheads –now go to Loch Ness!
- Neanderthals’ history is as complicated as ours.
- Learning more about the Biblical Philistines and the ‘Sea Peoples’ through DNA.
- Video of the Day: This was taken by a hiker running downhill just when the Stromboli volcano erupted.
- Red Pill of the Day: Man who thought he killed a werewolf pleads not guilty by reason of (wait for it) insanity.
Thanks to Greg.
Quote of the Day:
It is very easy to claim a theory of everything if you get to decide what that everything is. It is very easy to explain everything on the table if you have put everything you cannot explain underneath it in the wastebasket.
Jeffrey Kripal, in The Super Natural: Why the Unexplained is Real