- Astronomers have decoded a weird signal coming from a strange, 3-body star system.
- Meteorites rained cyanide on early Earth, and it may have helped kickstart life.
- Recent UFO encounters with Navy pilots occurred constantly across multiple squadrons.
- Joe Rogan meets ‘Area 51 whistleblower’ Bob Lazar.
- Why is psychedelic culture dominated by privileged white men?
- Maybe this trip would sort things out: fungal hallucinogens send cicadas on sex binges after their genitals fall off.
- Dung beetles have a surprisingly sophisticated way of navigating the world.
- Octopus arms are capable of making decisions without input from their brains.
- The move away from myth and toward reason is an ancient human impulse. But must enchantment be the enemy of enlightenment?
- Life could exist in a 2D universe, apparently.
- Endling: the incomprehensibly sad name given to an individual who is the last of their species.
- The growing science behind a fasting treatment for Alzheimer’s.
- Image of the Day: ‘Rising phoenix’ aurora.
Quote of the Day:
Maybe there’s an objective cosmos encompassing everything that exists. But maybe there’s a level-one cosmos and people create simulations and virtual realities within it. Maybe sometimes there are simulations within simulations. Who knows how many levels there are?