The Dark and Game of Thrones crossover you didn’t see coming…
- The spirit of the Inquisition has never been fully extinguished; wherever the powerful are threatened by progress, they will suppress debate. Science has not escaped this phenomenon.
- The secret history of science and religion.
- The Great Pyramid experiment: exploring infrasound technology use by the ancients.
- VR and AI will develop new worlds and beings with powers greater than our own – so how do we maximize them for good?
- Nanobacteria in the brain?
- DARPA project sparks ‘UFO flap’.
- NASA’s Curiosity rover detects a spike in methane on Mars. Who smelt it dealt it Curiosity!
- Extraterrestrial life could feasibly live in salty puddles on Mars.
- Giant squid caught on video in the Gulf of Mexico for the first time.
- Billionaires are buying up huge swathes of the American West.
- Video of the Day: The inspiration behind eight famous Yoga poses.
Thanks to @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
How much does it matter that our future is biological? At some point I think we must face the fact that there are going to be many faster substrates for running intelligence than our own. If we want to stick to our biological brains, then we are in danger of being left behind in a world with superfast, superintelligent computers. Ultimately, we’d have to upgrade.