Some hump day news to get you to the downslope…
- Nature crisis: humans ‘threaten one million species with extinction‘.
- The Vinland mystery: how a husband-and-wife team proved Leif Erikson beat Columbus to Norse America.
- Why space aliens might message us via encoded DNA.
- Related: Our alien DNA – could messages from E.T. be hidden in our genetic code?
- Could core sample from Stonehenge, missing for 60 years, hold answer to the site’s secrets?
- Ancient mind-altering drugs found in 1000-year-old shamanic pouch in South America.
- For more on hallucinogens in the ancient world, be sure to check out Paul Devereux’s wonderful book The Long Trip: A Prehistory of Psychedelia.
- The ancient Romans built seismic invisibility cloaks for their amphitheaters.
- UK drones map Chernobyl’s ‘Red Forest’, one of the most radioactive locations on Earth.
- Gravitational waves could be leaving some weird lasting effects in their wake.
- The guy who bought a SpaceX ticket to the Moon is apparently now broke.
- Car keys mysteriously stopped working in this small Ohio town – and we now know why.
- University records reveal Coca-Cola’s immense power over health research.
- First-ever video shows immune system blowing holes in bacteria.
Quote of the Day:
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.