- 850-year-old Cathedral of Notre-Dame in Paris burns.
- Move over Moses: a pharaoh may have created the ancient kingdom of Israel.
- DNA reveals origin of Stonehenge builders.
- Archaeology is unravelling new stories about indigenous seagoing trade on Australia’s doorstep.
- The legend that will not die: the Australian Yowie.
- Of bunyips and other beasts: living memories of long-extinct creatures in art and stories.
- Fossil of 430 million-year-old sea creature with 45 tentacles named after Lovecraftian monster.
- Scientists say new quantum material could ‘download’ your brain.
- The Machine lives: China is using A.I. and vast, secret system of advanced facial recognition technology to profile and track members of a minority group.
- Black hole sun: Soundgarden fans start petition to name the newly-imaged black hole after late frontman Chris Cornell.
- Want to be a better problem solver? Stop thinking in black and white (especially about UFOs).
- The human brain has been getting smaller since the Stone Age.
- The return of the ‘stoned ape’ theory.
- Some cities seem to inspire psychotic breaks in visitors so frequently that mental health syndromes have been named after them.
- The passing of a giant in the exploration of psychedelics and consciousness.
Thanks Jason and @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence.