- Scientists are about to unveil the very first images of a black hole.
- Are we living in a simulation? This MIT scientist says it’s more likely than not.
- Scientists are trying to figure out how to grow grapes on Mars. Because, the ultimate red wine, amirite?
- Game of Thrones weapons-master reveals ‘dragonglass’ was inspired by Aztec weaponry.
- Related: the crystal weapons of prehistoric Spain.
- The darkest of them all: the arcane origins of the tale of Snow White.
- Mummified mice found in ‘beautiful, colourful’ Egyptian tomb.
- Declassified U2 spy plane photos expose hidden archaeological sites.
- Physicists scramble to understand the extreme crystals hiding inside giant, alien planets.
- Why saving Earth from a rogue asteroid might be harder than we thought.
- New quantum device can “generate all possible futures“.
- Doctors find four bees in woman’s eye, feeding on her tears. 2019, yo!
- ‘A medical marvel’: woman lived to 99 not knowing her organs were on the wrong side of her body.
- There are now more grandparents than grandchildren in the world.
Quote of the Day:
Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster. For when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.