- The latest in military strategy is an ancient tool: mindfulness.
- A Russian defense ministry report claims its elite soldiers can crash computers with their minds and read documents inside a safe after mastering telepathy from dolphins. Round 2 of Russiagate is gonna be *lit*.
- Psst! We are all conspiracy theorists.
- To believe or not believe: that is not the question.
- The Great Escape: Digital technology allows us to lose ourselves in ever more immersive fantasy worlds. But what are we fleeing from?
- Man of the Year Million: the impossible futures of H.G. Wells, writer of War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, and many more science fiction classics.
- Behold, the ’70s sci-fi book series that popularized the Illuminati conspiracy.
- The Stoned Ape theory and the dawn of human consciousness: did our prehistoric ancestors evolve by getting high?
- The New York Times obituary for pioneering consciousness researcher Ralph Metzner.
- When the incoherent claps of a crowd suddenly become a pulse, as everyone starts clapping in unison, who decided? Not you; not anyone. New developments in the science of spontaneous synchronization.
- Of mice and mysteries: musings on instances of incredible animal behaviour.
- Confirming what every cat owner knows: cats do recognize their names, but they just choose to ignore them.
- Cities on Earth evolve the same way as galaxies in space.
- What if humans hibernated through winter?
Quote of the Day:
You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and obviously satirical that some people somewhere don’t already believe it.
Robert Anton Wilson