Three Douglas Adams references back-to-back-to-back in today’s news briefs. See if you can spot them…
- Afterlife trip? Researchers have determined which psychedelic experience most closely resembles the near-death experience.
- Enter the upside down: man who experienced NDE saw weird beings in another dimension.
- Secrets of Stonehenge found in quarries 180 miles away.
- Global warming could soon make Earth a cloudless planet.
- The ‘cancer personality’ scandal: calls for an investigation into “one of the worst scientific scandals of all time“.
- Jeff Bezos says in the future we’ll live in ‘giant space colonies’, while Elon Musk says our Mars bases will have an ‘outdoorsy, fun atmosphere’.
- Downsizing the Goldilocks zone: life probably can’t exist on quite as many planets as we once thought.
- Electric monk? Robot at Kyoto temple shares Buddha’s religious teachings.
- Dead humpback whale found in Brazilian jungle. I’m guessing they’ll find a bowl of petunias nearby.
- A.I. interprets what rodents are saying. Something like “How many roads must a man walk down?”
- Virgin Mary appears on a wall in Texas.
Quote of the Day:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it…anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.