Today’s news briefs offer some quality sci-fi story inspirations…
- China’s CRISPR twins might have had their brains altered in ways that enhance their ability to learn and form memories.
- The human body might survive a mission to Mars better than our minds.
- Edges of Forever: Time travel and the stories that might have been.
- Reliable method for detecting extraterrestrial life is used on Earth for the first time.
- Canadians report seeing UFOs in the sky at a rate of 3 times a day.
- An alien abduction therapist explains extraterrestrial encounters.
- The spookiness gets turned up to 11 in the trailer for the reboot of The Twilight Zone.
- The meditation question: placebo effect, or path to mindfulness?
- Solving the mystery of the Burton Stone.
- How fringe groups are using QAnon to amplify their wild messages.
- The reason conspiracy videos work so well on YouTube.
- Even after all the controversy over privacy, Facebook continues to collect users’ personal data from developers – from their body weight to their menstrual cycle.
- Image of the Day: Weird hexagonal dune field seen on Mars.
Thanks to @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
From out there on the Moon, international politics looks so petty.
Edgar Mitchell (Apollo astronaut)