Some news briefs to put a bit of bounce into your Monday…
- Reality is a bad Dan Brown novel: a man has been charged with trying to burn down Comet Ping Pong, the restaurant at the centre of the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, after he was arrested breaking into the Washington monument in D.C.
- Who could have seen that coming? Oh, we did: Weaponizing conspiracy theory – the dangers in priming people for armed revolution.
- The gateway to hell? Hundreds of anti-witch marks found in British cave.
- What killed King Tut?
- That time 19th century Spiritualists believed a ‘God Machine’ would save humanity.
- What Netflix’s The OA gets right about near-death experiences.
- Hunt Bigfoot and aliens with Jose Canseco for only $5000.
- Italian UFO group gets hoaxed.
- What are the biggest threats to humanity?
- An oarfish caught off Peru, after several have been recently sighted around Japan, has sparked earthquake and tsunami fears due to the species’ legendary link with quakes.
- Researchers create ‘rat cyborgs‘ that people control with their minds. I will have a rat cyborg army, yes I will.
- Mountains bigger than Everest may lie deep inside the Earth.
- Video of the Day: The impossible hugeness of deep time.
Quote of the Day:
My battery is low and it’s getting dark.
Last message from Mars Rover Opportunity