- The battle for the future of Stonehenge.
- SETI: the next generation.
- Scientist J. Allen Hynek, who investigated UFOs for 20 years for the government and turned from skeptic to believer, is the subject of a new hit TV show.
- History’s mistake: Project Blue Book and J. Allen Hynek.
- For a more detailed (and factual) look at J. Allen Hynek and his UFO research, be sure to check out Mark O’Connell’s biography The Close Encounters Man: How One Man Made the World Believe in UFOs.
- Bizarre cases of fictional characters who stepped off the page into reality.
- Related: Meeting their makers – the strange phenomenon of fictional characters turning up in real life.
- Cyberpunk is now, and no-one knows what to do with it.
- Out of this world coffee – start-up wants to roast coffee using the heat from re-entry from space.
- A modern history of Satanic panic in South Carolina.
- How a demon-slaying pentecostal billionaire is ushering in a post-Catholic Brazil.
- Russian witches back Vladimir Putin with magic, after U.S. spell-casters turned against Donald Trump.
- Brain-zapping implants that fight depression are inching closer to reality.
- Lightning’s electromagnetic fields may help protect life.
- Plummeting insect numbers ‘threaten collapse of nature’. I’m sure this is fine…
Quote of the Day:
If insect species losses cannot be halted, this will have catastrophic consequences for both the planet’s ecosystems and for the survival of mankind.