- NASA administrator: Alien life is more likely than we thought.
- Former Senator Harry Reid calls for congressional hearings into UFOs.
- Meanwhile, former Major League baseball player Jose Canseco wants to talk to us about time travel, alien subtle bodies and the future evolution of the human species into a space-faring species.
- Results of search for the Loch Ness Monster’s eDNA delayed.
- One of the biggest at-home DNA testing companies is giving the FBI access to its users’ DNA profiles.
- Ancient bling: 300,000-year-old trove of pretty pebbles found in a cave suggests prehistoric hominins had a sense of beauty.
- Also: Ancient African people valued fossils and rocks.
- Related: the ancient Egyptians collected fossils.
- The pyramids of Giza looked very different when they were first built.
- Otherworld gnosis: fairy ointments and nuts of knowledge.
- ‘I predict a great revolution‘: inside the struggle to define life by combining physics and biology.
- Insect intelligence: Bees can learn the difference between European and Australian indigenous art styles in a single afternoon.
- What happens to humans when every job is replaced by a machine?
- Bizarre new data suggests that dark energy is getting stronger. Bastian, call out the Empress’ name, quickly!
Quote of the Day:
G’mork: Foolish boy. Don’t you know anything about Fantasia? It’s the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.
Atreyu: But why is Fantasia dying, then?
G’mork: Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.