It’s a ‘rewriting history’ kind of news day…
- Ancient tools found in North Africa could ‘rewrite human origin story’.
- New archaeological site revises human habitation timeline on the Tibetan plateau.
- Arkaim: Russia’s Stonehenge, and a puzzle of the ancient world.
- Atlantis found (again)! And exasperated scientists (again) raise their eyebrows.
- The highly unusual funeral of Lee Harvey Oswald.
- Strange waves rippled around the world three weeks ago, and nobody knows why.
- How Einstein reconciled religion to science.
- In the (Uncanny) Valley of the Dolls: Restoring old automata — mechanical ancestors to robots – brings out the supernatural side of technology.
- Searching for alien needles in the cosmic haystack.
- Scientists have found a new species of wasp that turns spiders into zombies.
- Related: Jewel wasps perform targeted neurosurgery on cockroaches to zombify them so that their babies can eat them from the inside out.
- Facing the end of science.
- DNA-testing company 23andMe has signed a $300 million deal with Big Pharma.
- Florida police officer wearing a QAnon patch greets Vice-President Mike Pence.
Quote of the Day:
We must not let our history be written in the boardrooms of hedge funds and conglomerates, or else we will cease to be a free people.
Harry Leslie Smith (1923-2018)