It’s a Martian kind of news day…
- Elon Musk says there’s a 70% chance he will emigrate to Mars.
- Reminder: a 1949 science fiction novel by legendary rocket designer Wernher von Braun named the leader of Martian civilization as “Elon”.
- But Elon might have to fight some robot overlords for the title: NASA has safely landed the ‘InSight’ robot on Mars, which will study planet’s interior. (More information about Insight can be found at its official NASA web page.)
- Why is the Marvel comic book villain Apocalypse Egyptian? What is it about ancient Egypt that fascinates and scares us?
- Lab-grown mini-brains spontaneously produced ‘human like’ brain waves for the first time.
- Chinese scientist says first gene-edited human babies have already been born, in an effort to fight HIV.
- How a change in climate wiped out the ‘Siberian unicorn’.
- 13 reasons why not: new study suggests that Netflix’s hit show about teenage suicide may be having the opposite effect to the one intended.
- The KLF’s Jimmy Cauty: “We don’t make records, we make pyramids out of dead people.”
- Mysterious tunnels discovered underneath Florida.
- What if psychedelics could revolutionize the way you die?
- Video of the Day: The Wormhole.
Quote of the Day:
Do you want to just disappear in a puff of smoke, or do you want to be part of something that is left behind?