- Greenland impact crater could help explain disappearance of woolly mammoths, early humans.
- Related, ICYMI: Discovery of massive crater in Greenland supports controversial theory of a comet impact around 10,800 BCE.
- Pseudoarchaeology and the racism behind ‘ancient aliens’.
- The number of witches in the U.S. is on the rise, and may surpass 1.5 million. Back in my day, we only needed the four cardinal directions to know which witch was witch…
- Also: The resurgence of witches in pop culture aligns with women’s fight for autonomy in the real world.
- United Nations considers a test ban on evolution-warping gene drives.
- Rare microbes lead scientists to discover new branch on the tree of life.
- Looking back on NASA’s vivid 1970s visions of living in space.
- The heretical secret at the heart of Rosslyn Chapel.
- Ancient underwater ruins found off the coast of Spain…Atlantis again?
- Rapa Nui seek return of moai statue from the British Museum.
- Tower of Babel and other remarkable biblical scenes discovered on the floor of a 1600-year-old synagogue in Israel.
- Captured by the light: alien abductions, their origins, and misconceptions.
Quote of the Day:
If we care about having a meaningful world in which to lead meaningful lives then we should all try harder to reinvest our environments with the meaning that belligerent materialism has sucked out of them.