Sometimes strange things in the sky really are spaceships…
- From Nazi death beams to Soviet flying saucers: five of the strangest theories in Albert Einstein’s FBI file.
- From mind control to The Truman Show: how paranoid delusions colonized popular culture.
- Science meets legend: the story of our search for Bigfoot
- What linguistics can tell us about talking to aliens.
- No need for Planet 9? Small objects’ gravity could explain weird orbits.
- Should we land on Venus again? Scientists are trying to decide.
- Related: Remember that time the Russians found scorpions on Venus?
- A rock that was used as a doorstop for the past 30 years turns out to be a meteorite valued at $100,000.
- How we know ancient humans believed in the afterlife.
- 115,000-year-old bones found in Poland are of a Neanderthal child that was eaten by a bird.
- We’re (still) not being alarmist enough about climate change.
- Would a BDSM sex robot violate Asimov’s First Law of Robotics?
- Video of the Day: Planet-sized tornadoes on the Sun.
Thanks to @AdamGorightly.
Quote of the Day:
Not a day goes by that I don’t grieve for the horrible tragedies my son is going to have to watch unfold during his lifetime because of our collective shortsightedness and failure to act.