- The first people to view our planet from the moon were transformed by the experience.
- Related: the Overview Effect.
- Jeff Bezos is planning to ship ‘several metric tons of cargo‘ to the Moon. It takes 6 weeks for a book from Amazon.com to get to Australia, I can only imagine how long this will take…
- Technosignatures: SETI in sheep’s clothing.
- The world’s most precise clock reveals the nature of time and the universe.
- Godmother of intelligences: Mary Shelley foresaw that A.I. would be made monstrous.
- Objects in lucid dreams are perceived as real, study discovers.
- Hallucinations are everywhere, leading psychologists to question how all people perceive reality.
- The American witch population has seen an astronomical rise. Or is that an astrological rise?
- QAnon conspiracy theorists cheer Trump’s text alert test, seeing it as a step towards much-awaited martial law. I’m old enough to remember when conspiracy theorists thought governments imposing martial law was a bad thing…
- Are schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders caused by the immune system?
- Researchers are worried that the U.S. Military could be turning insects into weapons of war.
- Girl pulls 1500-year-old sword from lake in Sweden. This make her emperor of the world, yes?
- £1,000,000 painting by Banksy self-destructs as hammer falls on its auction at Sothebys.
Quote of the Day:
I don’t think the Apollo program as yet has brought as worldly a view, interlocking view, to humankind as I had hoped. Even today, when I hear people chanting that we ought to go on to Mars, I’m thinking well, why don’t we get our act together here on Earth first, and go to Mars as human beings, not as jingoistic Americans, or Chinese, or Russians, or Indians. Let’s just do it as human beings.