- More than 60,000 ancient structures discovered in Guatemalan jungle using (frikkin) lasers.
- Zooming in on the ancient ruins of Petra.
- Discovery of new minor planet ‘The Goblin’ provides more evidence of massive, undiscovered ‘Planet 9’ orbiting our Sun.
- Alien hunters join forces to probe the heavens.
- Humpback whale calls persist across generations.
- Kelly, the sassy dolphin: What can one brash dolphin teach us about personality?
- Johns Hopkins researchers recommend reclassifying psilocybin, the drug in magic mushrooms, from schedule I to schedule IV.
- The big lie: how polygraph companies convinced the US government to use pseudoscience on job applicants.
- The fourth Copernican revolution: is our universe one island in an archipelago?
- Through two doors: How a sunbeam split in two became physics’ most elegant experiment, shedding light on the underlying nature of reality.
- It’s a small world after all? Earth could shrink to 330ft across if particle accelerator experiments fail, top astronomer warns.
- Black holes ruled out as universe’s missing dark matter.
- Short-term superhuman: if we create augmented soldiers, can we turn them back into regular humans?
- Image of the Day: A haunting comet landscape.
Thanks to @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
I believe each individual is naturally entitled to do as he pleases with himself and the fruit of his labor, so far as it in no wise interferes with any other man’s rights.