Take a walk to remember through today’s news briefs…
- The Virgin is weeping across the world in 2018.
- UFO sightings are up in Chile, down in the U.S.
- Jeff Bezos’s Blue Origin plans to begin colonizing the Moon no later than 2023.
- Scientists have created an A.I. inside a test tube using strands of DNA, and hope it will soon start to form its own ‘memories’.
- Earth must strengthen its defenses against mutant space bacteria, Russian scientists warn.
- Researchers document evidence of folk magic in colonial Australia.
- The Chinese Buddhist billionaire who wants to fix your brain.
- Japan just executed the leaders of an LSD-fueled doomsday science cult.
- Would you wear an exoskeleton that allowed you to run for an entire day without getting tired?
- A lone wolf has left Chernobyl’s radioactive exclusion zone. Sci-fi writers, you’ve got it from here…
- Star Trek character is named after a real-world scientist who considers himself a ‘messenger’ for the mushrooms.
- Related: Magic mushrooms were the inspiration for Frank Herbert’s science fiction epic Dune.
- Boy finds 1000-year-old message written in runes on pendant made of mammoth bone.
- The mind-bending weirdness of the number zero, explained.
- The FBI protects Superman’s secret identity from FOIA.
- Image of the Day: Another crop circle appears near Stonehenge.
Thanks to @djp1974.
Quote of the Day:
Mycelium is Earth’s natural internet.