Staggering toward the end-of-the-week finish line? Tap here to power up…
- Survival of the richest: the wealthy are plotting to leave us behind.
- Something big crashed into Uranus and changed it forever. Or so the rumour goes…
- There won’t be a single moment when we ‘discover’ alien life.
- Unless that single event is a massive dose of ‘shrooms maybe? Dennis McKenna analyzes the famous ‘experiment at La Chorrera’ through an alien encounter lens.
- The batty, explosive history of bats in the military.
- Spiders can fly thousands of miles using electric power.
- Keep on moving: the bizarre dance epidemic of 1518.
- The mystery of the Kentucky ‘meat shower’.
- Woman declared dead found alive in morgue fridge.
- Wife asks husband to dig a potato storage pit. Husband instead spends 23 years carving a sprawling underground temple under his house. Hail Eris!
- Victorian fashionistas wore live beetles as jewellery.
- Monkeys in South America have entered the Stone Age, and are now using tools to break food.
- Parrots exploit quantum physics to produce their colourful featheres.
- Would this be the best way to artificially shade the Earth?
- Microbes in fracking wells may hold clues to extraterrestrial life and gut health.
- The coach of the Thai soccer team stuck in a cave taught the boys to meditate to conserve energy.
- How medieval artists used monsters as propaganda.
- Image of the Day: When lightning peels a tree like a banana.
Thanks to @ColneyHatch.
Quote of the Day:
For all their wealth and power, they don’t believe they can affect the future. They are simply accepting the darkest of all scenarios and then bringing whatever money and technology they can employ to insulate themselves .
Douglas Rushkoff (“Survival of the Richest“)