- Vale Koko, the gorilla who communicated with sign language, who has passed away aged 46.
- Are U.S. diplomats being struck down by a sonic weapon – or is it just that a story has become contagious?
- Looking for aliens in the Arctic and Antarctic.
- Stone circles: Ten staggering standing-stones on screen.
- The incredible floating city of the ancient Aztec.
- In letters sold at auction recently, Howard Carter hits out at rumours of the ‘Curse of Tutankhamen’.
- The scientific explanation for seeing ghosts at the end of your bed.
- Boy, 4, who ‘channels the dead’, told teachers his father had drowned.
- The underground world of psychedelics and the potential of plant medicine.
- These moths are the first nocturnal insect found to navigate using magnetism.
- Certain motifs in bird songs can last hundreds, even thousands of years — is this evidence of a cultural tradition?
- Related: the music of birds and fractal dancing.
- Video of the Day: The nautilus will make you rethink intelligence.
Quote of the Day:
Nautiluses have survived five mass extinctions, including the Permian extinction, which killed off almost 90% of life on Earth, and also the Cretacious extinction, that wound up killing off the dinosaurs. You’re getting to peek into the world of an ancient brain – a brain that clearly is doing something right.