- Words are magic: how the language you speak (and hear) changes your reality.
- What would it mean for A.I. to have a soul?
- Could multiple personality disorder explain life, the universe, and everything?
- The secret telepathy experiment in outer space.
- U.S. to set up a sixth military branch that will be out of this world: Spaaaaaace Foooorce! Next up: DMT Hyperspace Force!
- There’s at least a 39 percent chance we’re alone in the observable universe.
- Did life on Earth actually originate on Mars?
- Black holes could actually be colliding wormholes.
- Pulling water, fuel, and power from thin air is getting practical.
- True identity of mysterious Montana ‘Dire Wolf’ revealed by DNA analysis.
- Google is training machines to predict when a patient will die. Let’s be sure not to build in any sort of reward system for accuracy…
Thanks to @Mogroith.
Quote of the Day:
Because we are creatures infected by language, and because language shapes how we come to interpret reality, we bear the burden of our words. We know that words can hurt, we even believe that words can kill, but the truth is far more comprehensive: all of our words are the equivalent of a hypnotist’s suggestions, and all of us are to some degree susceptible. With this responsibility comes an awareness of the burden we bear. It is how we encounter this burden – as individuals and as a civilization – which shapes reality.
Mark Pesce, in “The Executable Dreamtime“