My daughters are wonderful, socially conscious young ladies, and are currently raising money for refugees.
If you would like to encourage them, blow their minds a bit, and most importantly, help out young refugees, in return for the hours I put in to collecting today’s news please consider donating a dollar or two to their fundraising drive (just click the ‘Donate to Isis and Maya’ button on that page).
- The khipu code: the knotty mystery of the Inkas’ 3D records
- The kinky rocket scientist who dabbled in a sex magick cult.
- Einstein’s travel diaries reveal the genius physicist’s racism.
- Our DNA might be the most valuable thing in a trade deal with aliens.
- U.S. spy agencies want to store data on DNA computers.
- Will we ever colonise an asteroid?
- If space aliens are out there, why haven’t we found them yet?
- Belief in God could help you live longer.
- IQ scores are falling in ‘worrying’ reversal of 20th century intelligence boom.
- Study finds that male bottlenose dolphins have names for each other.
- In surreal twist, Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano starts raining green gems.
- These gravity-defying hills are one of the strangest natural phenomena we’ve seen. And by ‘natural phenomena’, they mean ‘optical illusion’…
- These are all the places where you can search for monsters. And by ‘all’, they mean ‘a few’…
- Video of the Day: Explore an incredible massive temple inside five Sri Lankan caves that houses 153 golden Buddha statues.
Quote of the Day:
There is separation of colored people from white people in the United States. That separation is not a disease of colored people. It is a disease of white people. I do not intend to be quiet about it.
Albert Einstein (1946)