- South America’s Inca civilization was better at skull surgery than Civil War doctors.
- Misreading the Mokele-Mbembe: there aren’t living sauropod dinosaurs in the Congo – so why did people ever think there were?
- The mystery of the ‘alien megastructure’ star has deepened.
- What if E.T. is an A.I.?
- A new solution to the Fermi paradox: we’re going to kill everyone else.
- The rich are planning to leave this wretched planet.
- NASA seriously wants to send humans to Venus now.
- Did language hijack our early ancestors’ brains?
- Scientists want to talk to people who’ve had life-changing psychedelic experiences.
- The Stanford Prison Experiment – perhaps the most famous psychology study of all time – was a sham.
- The terrifying natural phenomenon of spiders raining down from the sky.
- These brain worms turn ants into death-seeking zombies. Kinda like the effect TV has on me…
- Image of the Day: Making a mark on Mars.
Quote of the Day:
I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.