A reminder: we are an independent website and rely on readers’ assistance – if all the information we offer is worth $1 a month to you, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Thanks!
- Can animals really predict earthquakes? Scientists say the evidence is shaky.
- The mystery of Scotland’s ‘dog suicide bridge‘, which over 600 canines have jumped from in the past 60 years.
- What is it like to be a dolphin?
- If atoms are empty space, how come you can’t walk through walls? This is why.
- A.I. could dramatically increase the risk of nuclear war by 2040, says new report.
- How spirit mediums blur gender lines in Southeast Asia. (For more on spirit mediumship around the world, see the excellent Talking With the Spirits.)
- Investigating full-trance channelers, for science!
- China plans to bring artificial rain to an area three times the size of Spain.
- Human ancestors walked upright on two legs at least 3.6 million years ago.
- In case you were wondering: human thigh bones make the best bone daggers.
- Neandertals and Stone Age people may have voyaged the Mediterranean.
- This insane illusion will make you see flying boats.
- Seven famous ghost stories that turned out to be total B.S.
- Video of the Day: The majestic Earth, as seen by astronauts.
Quote of the Day:
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy