I hope you are all doing good out there. Here’s today’s news!
- This huge asteroid was spotted only one day before it flew past the Earth – the closest miss in recorded history.
- Homeland Security accidentally releases records on remote mind control.
- Miniature human brains grow for months when implanted in mice skulls.
- Enlightenment rationality is not enough: we need a new Romanticism.
- Goldman Sachs report asks: “Is curing patients a sustainable business model?” Yay capitalism?
- Will China beat the world to nuclear fusion?
- The hunt for wonder drugs at the North Pole.
- Westworld producers are set to adapt a William Gibson novel next.
- Why was a walrus found buried next to eight human bodies in King’s Cross?
- Building an empathy machine.
- “I am a holistic ghost detective.”
- Flat Earth, Illuminati, and fake Moon landing: Are conspiracy theory videos hurting YouTube?
- What do blind people ‘see’ when they take LSD?
- Image of the Day: Stonehenge, illuminated.
Quote of the Day:
The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.