Plenty for you to get lost in today in our news briefs…
- The Silurian Hypothesis: Scientists are looking for evidence of a lost civilization that may have existed millions of years in the Earth’s past.
- Evidence of a lost human civilization discovered under the North Sea.
- Diamonds in Sudan meteorite ‘are remnants of a lost planet‘.
- Conspiracy theorists just want to feel special, say researchers.
- Sandy Hook massacre parents hit Alex Jones with defamation lawsuits. Wonder if that makes him feel special?
- How to start your own internet prophecy cult for fun and profit, based on ‘QAnon’ and his predecessors.
- The illusion of time.
- Haunted by history: War, famine and persecution inflict profound changes on bodies and brains. Could these changes persist over generations?
- Poltergeists and PhDs: an interview with Dr. Christopher Laursen.
- Nine ‘scientific mysteries’ the internet loves, debunked.
- The weird pit of magma beneath Yellowstone is still a mystery.
- Americans are going overseas for illegal heroin treatment that uses the psychedelic drug ibogaine.
- The BBC’s Day of the Triffids foretold the Tide-eating craze in 1981.
- Video of the Day: Watch Jordan Peele use A.I. to make Barack Obama deliver a PSA about fake news.
Quote of the Day:
Stay woke bitches.