Welcome to the Panopticon…
- Facial recognition tech picks a suspect out of a crowd of 50,000 in China.
- UK police identified a drug dealer by his fingerprints in a WhatsApp photo.
- Because fake news isn’t bad enough: this technology can build a moving 3D model of anyone’s face — and make it look like they’re saying any sentence — just by analyzing a large collection of photos.
- How to accurately depict battles in spaaaace.
- How will merging our minds and machines change our conscious experience?
- This A.I. thinks like a dog.
- Does The Rock’s new movie Rampage get the science of CRISPR right?
- A euthanasia expert just unveiled his ‘suicide machine‘ at an Amsterdam funeral fair.
- Want to feel unique? Believe in the lizard people.
- Unexplained cases of mysterious mass hysteria.
- Trillions of viruses fall from the sky each day.
- Aliens may exist in ways we can’t even imagine.
- ‘There is no such thing as past or future‘ – physicist Carlo Rovelli on changing how we think about time.
- Bad-ass: 1500 years ago, a man appears to have replaced his amputated hand with a weapon.
- Video of the Day: A drone explores a Chinese village reclaimed by nature.
Quote of the Day:
Ash Williams (‘Evil Dead’ movie franchise)