Slip a dollar in our coin-slot to keep this machine running! (No, that was not a euphemism, we really need your support…)
- Mysterious ‘alien megastructure’ star is dimming again.
- A visiting star jostled our solar system 70,000 years ago.
- Flat-Earth-preaching rocketeer finally gets off the ground in his steam-powered rocket…and survives!
- Genetic tests reveal Atacama ‘alien mummy’ is of Earthly origin.
- The scientist behind the DNA testing of the Atacama mummy discusses his investigation.
- Real ‘Temple of Doom’, with evidence of heart ripping, found in Peru.
- In 21st-century Korea, shamanism is not only thriving — but evolving.
- Brain damage saved his music.
- The US military is making lasers that create voices out of thin air.
- Meet the ‘ecosexuals’ who think having sex with the Earth might save it.
- ‘Smoking’ elephant leaves scientists baffled.
- Freak orange snowstorms hit four countries.
- Video of the Day: found footage of the K-T extinction event released!
Quote of the Day:
If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed. Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution.
So far, the trend seems to be toward the second option, with technology driving ever-increasing inequality.