The latest news briefs is also now posted in full on the front page of the Grail, for those that requested it.
- Professor Stephen Hawking has passed away at age 76, according to his family.
- Third piece of U.S. military UFO footage released by Tom DeLonge’s UFO group.
- We probably aren’t living in a simulation, according to new research. Although once we suspected it, that’s exactly what the next move of the simulation engineers would be.
- Do ‘ghost signals‘ of extraterrestrial civilizations haunt the Milky Way?
- Cosmologist Martin Rees holds forth on multiverses, biothreats, AI, utopia, God and “posthuman” science.
- It me: Doctors find air pocket where part of man’s brain should be.
- Pointy-headed medieval skulls in Germany may have been Bulgarian ‘treaty brides’.
- Scientists say the dream of unlimited energy is about to come true.
- Remembering Peter Rogerson, a true Fortean.
- In praise of Annihilation and the modern ‘weird’ sci-fi renaissance.
- New evidence fuels debate over the origin of modern languages.
- Scientists have established a link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism.
- Hanging outside the bookstore at Drexel University is the complete nervous system of a 19th century cleaning lady who donated her body to science.
- Is the Earth’s magnetic field heading for a ‘big flip’? Probably not quite yet.
- UFO drawings from the British National Archives.
Quote of the Day:
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.