Happy anniversary to my beautiful wife!
- Thinking outside the quantum box: is consciousness the ground of all reality?
- Is humanity ready for the discovery of alien life?
- Physicists have created a new form of light.
- Why are Silicon Valley billionaires prepping for the apocalypse in New Zealand? So they have Gandalf on their side, maybe?
- Eruption of underwater magma chamber ‘could kill 100 million people‘.
- Laser scanning reveals ‘lost’ ancient Mexican city ‘had as many buildings as Manhattan‘.
- Solving a century-old mystery: untangling the Devil’s Corkscrews.
- State of California sued because it won’t recognize Bigfoot.
- The cuttlefish, a master of camouflage, reveals a new trick.
- Photo of UFO used in connection with now-famous Nimitz incident explained as a birthday balloon.
- Related, from last week: ‘Gimbal UFO’ footage explained.
- NASA’s Opportunity rover just saw its 5000th Martian dawn – a fraction more than the 90 sols originally planned for the mission.
Quote of the Day:
There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidæ with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice.
On the other hand, I cannot anyhow be contented to view this wonderful universe, and especially the nature of man, and to conclude that everything is the result of brute force. I feel most deeply that the whole subject is too profound for the human intellect. A dog might as well speculate on the mind of Newton. Let each man hope and believe what he can.