- The new space race: “The first person to walk on Mars is already born”.
- The London lawyer who tried to contact Mars via telegraph.
- Understanding the science of UFOs.
- Is the Universe a conscious mind?
- Space cigar’s tumble hints at a violent past.
- The mind of a worm has been ‘uploaded’ to a computer.
- While researchers claim to have cracked the Voynich Manuscript using A.I., experts are skeptical.
- Language at the end of the world: the enigmatic Rongorongo script of Easter Island.
- Mysterious sand mounds confirmed as ancient Aboriginal burial ground.
- Is a mini-Ice Age on the way?
- Why do we need to sleep? Cue Dark City montage…
- A psychic apparently told David Bowie exactly when he would die back in the 1970s.
- Study finds that suicides spiked following media coverage of Robin Williams’ death in 2014.
- Chinese police deploy facial recognition glasses.
- The long, strange legacy of one of the world’s earliest fake mermaids.
- Video of the Day: The incredible sounds of the Falcon Heavy launch.
Quote of the Day:
I think melancholy is kind of a misunderstood emotion. I don’t think it’s necessarily an unpleasant or bad emotion. There’s an emphasis, especially these days with social media, that everyone has to be this ecstatically happy person living this amazing life. Melancholy is a state that I very much enjoy being in, actually. It’s not the same as feeling sad. It’s a more complex emotion; it derives from a tragic view of the world, a tragic view of art.