What’s all this I’m hearing about a superb owl?
- Laser scans reveal Maya ‘megalopolis’ beneath Guatemalan jungle.
- Ancient grave with skeletons arranged in bizarre spiral formation discovered in Mexico.
- New study finds evidence that at the end of last Ice Age, fragments from a disintegrating comet set fire to 10% of the Earth’s surface(!!).
- No we’re not all doomed by the Earth’s magnetic field flip.
- Warp-speed evolution: Darwin thought evolution was too slow to change the environment on observable timescales. He was wrong.
- Skeptic analyses live-stream symposium announcing elongated Peruvian skull DNA results.
- UFO skeptic James Oberg discusses the recent NYT UFO story in new SETI Institute podcast.
- How UFO reports change with the technology of the times.
- The enduring appeal of conspiracy theories.
- ‘Slenderman’ stabbing teen sentenced to 40 years in mental institution.
- Spain cracks King Ferdinand’s 500-year-old secret code.
- Archaeologists uncover 4500-year-old ancient Egyptian tomb of a female high official at Giza. Some video here.
- Video of the Day: Drunk History on the occult rocketeer – “Jack Parsons loved his sex magick“.
Quote of the Day:
Earthly possessions dazzle our eyes and delude us into thinking that they can provide security and freedom from anxiety. Yet all the time they are the very source of anxiety.