Happy birthday to my lovely Lady of the Grail!
- Ursula K. Le Guin, acclaimed for her fantasy fiction, has passed away at 88.
- A fairy society in Ireland long thought dead has come back to life.
- Ex-CIA chief says “keep studying UFOs“.
- Leslie Kean’s UFO book is getting the Hollywood treatment.
- A review of David Clarke’s recent book UFO Drawings From The National Archives.
- Rethinking ancient Egyptian stone-working technology.
- Scholars decipher one of the last remaining Dead Sea Scrolls.
- ‘Serious gap’ in cosmic expansion rate hints at new physics.
- Labeling women as witches remains a powerful tool for social stimatization.
- Are you sleepwalking right now?
- Test of ‘God Helmet’ at music festival yields strange results.
- Nobody knows why these bees built a spiral nest.
- Feathers on birds-of-paradise contain light-trapping nanotechnology that makes some of the deepest blacks in the world.
- Two planets in unusual star system are likely habitable say scientists.
- China has already gene-edited 86 people with CRISPR.
- Barney the Dinosaur now runs a Tantric sex business.
- That time Jacques Vallee’s daughter taught Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey how to play Donkey Kong.
- Audio of the Day: Billy Joel’s “Piano Man”, remade as a Cthulhu-summoning anthem.
Thanks to @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
You will die. You will not live forever. Nor will any man nor any thing. Nothing is immortal.
But only to us is it given to know that we must die. And that is a great gift: the gift of selfhood. For we have only what we know we must lose, what we are willing to lose… That selfhood which is our torment, and our treasure, and our humanity, does not endure. It changes; it is gone, a wave on the sea. Would you have the sea grow still and the tides cease, to save one wave, to save yourself?
Ursula K. Le Guin