Buckle your seatbelts…
- Is there enough proof to say we’re living in a computer simulation?
- Discovery of unknown ancient population changes our understanding of how North America was settled.
- Chinese scientists are sending silkworms to colonize the Moon. Because the spice must flow!
- The Executable Dreamtime: Language, magic, and the universe as code.
- Australian birds carry burning sticks to start fires in new locations in order to flush prey out of bushland.
- Flat Earth, the ultimate conspiracy.
- Killer robots, free will and the illusion of control.
- Astronauts have identified unknown microbes in space for the first time.
- Debunking phrenology with 21st century methods.
- Meet the man protecting the world’s seeds in a Nordic vault.
- This exotic hallucinogen has everyday Israelis tripping. But is it legal?
- The Devil’s Garden: a review of Corrine Boyer’s Plants of the Devil (Amazon US/Amazon UK).
- Gwyneth Paltrow wants you to squirt coffee up your ass using this $135 glass jar.
- Do animals get jealous?
- Video of the Day: What our eyes miss in the sky – stargazing beyond the visible light spectrum.
Quote of the Day:
What interests me about fascism is that it is a black hole of free will. It is a system which isn’t necessarily unique, but it absolves brutality, it absolves the lack of morals and it absolves people of their own decisions. When they tell you ‘you can kill these people because they are Jews, reds or homosexuals, or whatever!’ In this world you can permit a brutal action on the base of collective advice; that is what scares me.
Guillermo del Toro