- Astronomers are going to check that mysterious interstellar object for signs of technology.
- Whispering at the stars: recent attempts to send messages to aliens are likely undetectable at interstellar distances.
- New research suggests solar storms don’t lead whales to beach themselves. (Context here.)
- The whistled ‘bird language‘ of Turkey may be lost forever.
- The 3000-year-old sacred story that inspired Star Wars.
- Could ancient bones suggest Santa was real?
- Large-scale acupuncture study shows positive results for the ancient therapy.
- This biotech company wants to tattoo you with DNA from your loved ones.
- The downloadable brain: we’re closer than we think to immortality.
- The Earth is humming – here’s what it means.
- History of human violence reveals worrying trends about our nature.
- Trump wants NASA to send astronauts to the Moon – but how?
- Video of the Day: Plunge into Jupiter’s ‘Great Red Spot’.
Quote of the Day:
You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.