- Was Stonehenge constructed as part of a fertility cult, with the megaliths built to cast phallic shadows in summer?
- Into the woods: how online urban legend Slender Man inspired children to kill.
- Monsters in my closet: how a geographer began mining myths.
- Mysterious 2000-year-old rock art of mythical beasts and ancient rituals discovered in Venezuela.
- NASA to unveil alien exoplanet discovery on Thursday.
- Will artificial intelligence become conscious?
- An A.I. that makes fake videos may facilitate the end of reality as we know it.
- World’s scientists turn to Asia and Australia to rewrite human history.
- Why we’re all obsessed with tarot cards.
- On hidden history, ayahuasca and consciousness: Graham Hancock cuts the crap.
- Conspiracy of the day: Square dancing was a racist hoax funded by Henry Ford to get white people to stop dancing to black music.
- Image of the Day: Record-breaking two-tonne fish is the heaviest of its kind.
Quote of the Day:
The miracles of technology cause us to live in a hectic, clockwork world that does violence to human biology, enabling us to do nothing but pursue the future faster and faster.