Fish-lip today’s news briefs and take a loooong toke…
- Scientists gave fish marijuana to see if it would make them relax. Breaking: video from the experiments has just surfaced.
- New research at the University of Adelaide has found that a specific combination of techniques will increase people’s chances of having lucid dreams. (You can read more about these techniques in Paul Devereux’s guide-book, Lucid Dreaming: Accessing Your Inner Virtual Realities.)
- The real fakery of the Ouija board.
- Fifty years ago, a rag-tag group of acid-dropping activists tried to ‘levitate’ the Pentagon.
- David Bowie used Kirlian photography to check his aura before and after taking cocaine.
- Mystery over crystal sphere in $100m Leonardo da Vinci painting.
- Fingerprints of the Martians? Simulating life on Mars for fun and profit.
- The top 25 cities for UFO sightings in the U.S.
- Tortured alien ranch owners are desperate to sell infamous property.
- Conspiracy theorists have a fundamental cognitive problem, say scientists.
- Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology.
- One artist’s lifelong quest to create a hidden kingdom called Rocaterrania.
- Frankenstein in the age of CRISPR.
- The man who photographed ghosts.
- Why are so many monsters hybrids?
- Humans are born with a natural fear of spiders and snakes.
- Warnings of ‘bee-mageddon’ after France authorises controversial insecticide.
- Alzheimer’s patients have altered gut bacteria.
- Scientists baffled over prehistoric tree mystery.
- Will Italy’s ominous super-volcano erupt soon?
- Conspiracy theories and occult legends surround the mysterious ‘Mountain Sphinx‘ rock formation.
- Stuff keeps getting older: ancient people began modifying the evolution of crops 10 millennia earlier than thought.
- Neanderthals with disabilities survived through social support.
Quote of the Day:
When falsehood can look so like the truth, who can assure themselves of certain happiness?
Mary Shelley, ‘Frankenstein’