Not even joking: we really need your support! You can back us on Patreon for as little as $1/month – seems like decent value for money?
- Why we can’t rule out Bigfoot.
- Survey finds that the majority of Americans now believe an ancient advanced civilization once existed, while a third believe in ancient astronauts.
- Archive of the afterlife: the National Museum of the Paranormal is full of eerie oddities.
- Polybius: the urban legend about a secret mind-altering arcade game.
- $5 million ranch for sale in Arizona is alleged alien hotspot.
- Miami politician says aliens took her on a spaceship. Now she’s running for Congress.
- Planet Nine could be our solar system’s missing ‘super-Earth’.
- Science has transformed the squid from a storied monster into a marvel.
- Praying mantises are now catching birds and eating their brains, and zoologists want to know why. Also, now snakes…how long do we have before they move on to human brains?
- Stone stackers at ancient sites could face jail, warn Historic England. And yet in megalithic times they probably would have got a job…
- Does science need mavericks, or are they part of the problem?
- Is talking about de-extinction a moral hazard?
- It’s on: Giant robot battle to be streamed live this week.
- Confession of a planetary scientist: ‘I do not want to live on Mars‘.
- Observatories across the world announce ground-breaking new gravitational wave discovery.
- In pursuit of quantum biology.
- ‘Panama Papers’ investigative journalist killed by car bomb.
- The release of JFK assassination files later this month has conspiracy theorists on the edge of their seat.
- The Cardiff Giant was ‘discovered’ 148 years ago today…but it was really nothing more than an elaborate hoax two years in the making.
- You know the end of the world is nigh when Bigfoot has his own dildo (NSFW images, because dildos).
Quote of the Day:
Brave men are all vertebrates. They have their softness on the surface and their toughness in the middle. But these modern cowards are all crustaceans; their hardness is all on the cover, and their softness is inside.